Friday, January 25, 2008

taking a step to having a good life.

well, the day came - and passed pretty quickly, but it was basically a mini-judgement day for us all. O level results are important and really determine the outlook of your life cuz its the first step to a good career for ya. I got mine too. Didn't do so well actually. i gt 24 points. 24 points allows u entry into poly, but i failed my maths and i didnt qualify for any poly course. that's the sad part. funny thing is that i got distinction for my english (A2) yet i didnt get any course and its all cuz of maths. gee that sux, i know. im goin to repeat the year and try to improve on my maths. i know of a friend who had distinctions for most of his subjects, but he failed his english (D7) - that means his entry into poly is limited as well, and to think that fella aimed for JC. At least a D7 is the MINIMAL grade u need to enter certain courses. No one's gonna take me for an E8 in maths. really juz bad coincidences. Harold didnt like his resutls either, he got 20 points, but he passed what he needed to so he's movin onto poly. kim yong got 28 points, and he is considering retaking as well.

as to my very favoured class of 5n2, wei bin topped it with a score of 13 points! grats to him man! followed by wei leong who gt 16 points and haikel who had 18 points. really congratulate those who had below 20 points; its good points and will almost guarantee a course for u in the poly. just whether u like it or not. my 3 close buddies; amos, matt and eraidie, didnt do as well however. lets juz say they had higher points than me la (higher points aren't good juz so u know). mos and matt wanna go shatec, but eraidie is caught in the dillemna of having to decide between shatec and sec 5. crappy results for most of us. kinda sad abt it really, cuz we really studied hard. it sucks really, to have studied so hard and ended up getting such high points (and for me who failed maths!)

never in my life have i had to think about repeating a year before. i mean, i'm always SUPPOSED to be the smart one; topping the class for certain subjects and doing well in all of my subjects blah blah blah. Perhaps some part of me gave up on my maths a long time ago and here, it brought me down. a serious blow to my ego u can say. but i'm ok about it. like i said, i dont live with regrets. God made it such a way that i failed my maths for a reason, whatever it is. i'm perfectly secure as long as i have Him to count on. In my life, God has taught me many things; he taught me i cannot be emotional and sensitive by allowing me to meet Whye Chiz, he taught me how to be independant by making me lose all my past yr frenz and putting me in sec 5, and i guess right now he's teaching me how to suck up my pride and throw it away. You know what they say, 'the eyes of the arrogant will be brought down' - quote frm the bible. a long journey and battle has been fought and some have won. some haven't. people like me will hopefully be given a second chance if God allows and the sch has a place for me. Nobody ever said that life was easy right? sometimes i have to be a bigger man, and do what is best. To me personally, what makes a man is what is unseen; his character, his decisions and such, and not what is seen; his body, his size etc. Imma really miss my class this year. So many friends i may not even see again. haha.

Here's to all : GOOD LUCK in whatever endeavour you undertake!

signing off,
aj


No comments: