Sunday, January 27, 2008

A special day in the life of me.

Sundays are my favourite. Mainly its cuz i go to church and learning about God makes me feel so at peace. Woke up a little late but managed to reach church in time. The bus was seriously crowded though. A friend labelled it 'the indian invasion'. lol. u can imagine then, how it was. i joined the youth class today for the second time. the jump from follow-ups to youth classes are supposed to be huge, but Peter (follow-up teacher) is confident that i'm spiritaully mature to handle it. Plus i'm way overage already haha! Spent a little bit of time telling people from church about my results. They weren't as suprised as my friends in school were prolly cuz they dont know me as much, yet. I'm supposed to be one of the 'better' students from my class anyways.

After church Eddie invited me to tea with him, and i really love his hospitality. He's a great guy. We went to the McDonald's at Aljunied, near his mom-in-law's place, while his wife and kids stayed over at her place. Me and Eddie had a great chat, over stuff like my results, his job, and he answered my burning questions on God's law like why pork is edible to christians when the bible says the pig is unclean and u shldn't eat it. About demons and the demon possesed. The fact that being a belever in Christ will make you impervious (if im using the word right) to possesion and such makes me feel very secure. Got home and almost immediately engaged my mom in a ... - i wont say debate, more like arguement, over religious belief. this happened once before - nt sure if i blogged abt it but, this time i didnt have 'nothing to say' at her ramblings and not neccasarily-true truths. I had an adequate knowlede of the scripture to "defend" myself. haha. Felt happy that i was finally able to stand my ground as a Christian and that her 'prophet' is not an equivalent to Jesus Christ.

The fact that i'm gonna repeat the year has already sunk in. What's more is that i feel MUCH more prepared this time than last. People say i'm handling it pretty well. I guess i am, cuz i'm not moaning about it and blaming the whole world like those emo kids do. And it's all because i have the Lord to fall on for my support! =) I'm going to spend this time reflecting on myself and this time really set a path for me to follow so that i dont juz go through it for name sake. Think it all out and set my priorities straight. Think of a REAL career to fund my choral dreams and aspirations. Gonna set apart a few days for it untill i get paid, then go shopping for my school stuff. Then get prepared to start school again. I've already briefly examined my weaknesses in the subjects i took and i guess i can further examine them and plan appropriately. This time i am prepared. All i can ask this time is really that the Lord guide me and help me.

growing up, becoming more mature with every challenge that is put before me.
aj

No comments: