Tuesday, January 22, 2008

time flies, really.

yesterday i got he news that my O level results are gonna be out this coming Thursday, 24th Jan. the fact that when i heard it i got really nervous. I know i may not be the best i could be last year during my O's, but what's done is done. Really the Lord's plan at the end of the day and basically that's why i dont feel as insecure as most would be. I pray that i will do well and not disappoint those who have and still believe in me. During the mid-year exams i did horribly badly. My mom came down during the meet-the-parents session, and she basically cried her heart out to me. "aj, the other two (my two other bros) dont do well nvm, but YOU must do well. you're the only hope for the name of our family" - how'd ya think that made me feel?

looking back now, i'm sure there are stuff i could've done better, but that's in the past. alls' i can say is that i dont regret it, cuz i dont live my life with regrets. looking at everyone around me, all of my friends that i have so grown to be acustomed to and even prolly love to be around with, and having to think that i might not see them again after this thursday, really makes me appreciate how time doesn't wait for u. i realize now, why people always ask you to 'stop and smell the roses along the way' friend of mine, his name is Kim Yong, i have known him for 9 (10 this yr) and i am really amazed at ow much he has grown up. Kim Yong was always close to my family, back when we used to be neighbours. Another friend, Harold i have known for 7 (8 this yr) also has grown up ALOT. He's totally a changed man. i'm really proud of these people and glad to have known them all this time. i'm sure i wont totally lose contact with them, but times change and so do people. u nvr know how one will be in the next couple of years.

i'm sad but also excited at the thought of graduation; new life, new friends and a new sense of maturity. we're all grown-ups now haha. it's hard, when ur sitting through first period in school, to see the end of the day near by. But now, i would say i never would've imagined 17 years of my life would pass so quickly. Thank you God.

aj

No comments: