Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Old is Gold eh?

I woke up late today. That's kinda my thing during holidays. Anyways i picked up one of my mom's CDs, that we bought on Sunday after my church at the Sheng Siong Hypermart, and started playing it on my stereo. Coming down the escelator me and my mom danced to the beat of Take Me Home, Country Roads, that was played over the speakers there. My mom straight went to the sales person there and asked for the CD (2 volumes for $5! Very cheap and good quality! :D). So i stood there and watched. I dunno why my mom is like that, but she will constantly seek to prove the superiority of the things of her time (including 50's tunes) over that of my generation. So there she was bragging at how she could actually hear the melody and lyrics of the songs (compared to modern-day rapping), and to my suprise, the sales person agreed with her! that made me go @.@" . To summarise what she was saying, OLD IS GOLD. I don't disagree with my mom. If i did i wouldnt be listening to it right now (I will follow him.. follow him wherever he may go! in the background). But my mom doesn't think i do. -.-"


OLD IS GOLD people. but it isn't perfect. Contemporary songs are nice too! Kinda wish my mom could see that, lol.
----------------------------------------------------------
i'd like to use this part to thank those of u who read my previous post Dream v.s. Money [http://its-aj.blogspot.com/2008/05/dreams-vs-money.html] - and gave me some advice. I feel kinda stupid about it :P
it's okay now cuz i spoke to a friend in the music industry. Thank God i met her. :)
once again thank you.
aj

No comments: