Wednesday, August 20, 2008

'O' Levels are here - how many of us are going to make it?

I had my oral exam today. It was fairly easy - especially for one like me. The topic was a little unexpected though; hygiene. I couldn't really talk too much about the topic but i am thankful i spoke well enough for the examiners to be entertained, and probably give me good marks for the oral.

The later few students all said it was kinda easy to them too, but the quarantined group didn't think so. I bet some of em panicked during the oral itself.

Since the oral has started, it means the O levels are coming already. This was a start of what is to soon come. People are all saying that they should give their best shot, that they wont be coming back except to collect their certs and see teachers, that's all.

In the back of my mind, i really wondered how many of us would actually make it, and how many would come back to sit in the classrooms of FTPSS again. People say only those that are bad all year round retain, but i don't think thats true anymore - just take a look at me, a living, breathing example.

If having to repeat has taught me anything, it is to not get complacent and not to jump to conlcusions about one's results. Hey, i thought i'd do well last year, and we all know how that turned out!

I sincerely hope no one from our class would repeat the year, because they are all great people who should have a chance to move on with their lives. However, we are 5N2, and it's almost 'tradition' that some students from 5N2 would repeat.

Regardless if i do well or not, i will have to move on. My path is already planned (sketched by me, allowed to happen by God =P). I just hope that my classmates will move on with me.

So for all those of you who read this, FIGHT ON ! We are not down and beaten yet, lets make this exam the best we have ever done. as we say it, JIA YOU !

My dear buddies, lets move on to bigger and better things, together. =)

No comments: