Monday, April 28, 2008

God is real?

It's the start of the exams and i must say, i was kinda surprised at the one-word topic today - "Family." After a bunch of "interviews" of my friends, i realized i wrote something completely different from everyone else. Most people are writing about their families and such; or other families that they see. I didn't even write about humans. Mine's a story of a penguin family. No, they weren't talking penguins, or surfing penguins, or dancing penguins for that matter. It's the real story of the Emperor Penguin's life and i documented it in the essay. I gave the penguins an almost human character; where i describe the penguins feeling worried or sad that they wont survive etc. I marvelled at my essay, cuz i thought it was pretty good. Wonder what i'll be graded for that. Hopefully i didn't go off-topic.

anyways after the exam me kim yong and ri xin headed over to central for lunch. We made a quick stop at popular so i could get my $10 stationery lol. KY and RX decided to go over and look at Naruto comics but i didn't wanna cuz im afraid i might get hooked again if i see something interesting in it. My dwindling attention span led me to find this book and it was called "God Is Not Great". It straight caught my attention (being a religious man and all) and i grabbed it. It's about disproving the existence of God and religion; that it was man-made.

To be honest, a part of me wished what the author said was true. Because if it was, then man would be free to sin. I would be free to sin. Not that i want to sin, but there are some things as a man that i cant resist at times. The only thing keeping me from it is the thought of God. No God means no religious obligations.

But yeah all these time studying the bible didn't go to waste. For the Lord had predicted such things and all the more it strengthens ma faith in the existence of the Lord. If there were no God, we would be free to do as we please. Moral values and kind souls would have no credit because we would have no one to answer to at the end of time. God keeps a balance in things in my opinion. He reminds you that He governs everything and that although man is free to disobey, he is not greater than God. Besides, if there was no God, how would we explain all things? Like the creation of the earth, the emotions of mankind, the EXACT predictions in the bible that are happening today, etc. Sure some may have scientific evidence, like the earth's creation; the big bang as some would call it, where large rocks (asteroids, planets etc) crashed together. But how did those rocks get there in the first place? How did the single atom exist and how was it created?

It's a rather controversial issue, but one is free to scrutinize the details of this topic and create his own theory on it. Why does man try to disprove God so much? the answer to that is beyond me. Perhaps man does not like the idea of a higher being governing him. Think about it for a sec. Why? For those who would seek to prove God's existence, also ask why. At times the whole science-religion debate can be summarized with the word "WHY?" Why did God create man, Why did single-celled organisms evolve? It's rather lengthy (as is this post! XD) but its worth a thought. I'd ponder over it anyways.

and btw, i dunno why but everyone is shocked at my 'man crushes' post. Makes me roll my eyes really. Come on peeps be more open minded. XD

No comments: