Wednesday, April 30, 2008

last day of april

aite i realise today is the last day of april 2008 so i decided i have to post up something today. perhaps my post today may not be as controversial as my other posts, but at least its something. if i dont post up interesting things no one is gonna read my super-wordy blog lol.

lacking any inspiration whatsoever, i silently sit here on a less than comfortable cyan stool and contemplate on what to blog on tonight. Bits and pieces of melodies reappear within my memory as i pluck the nylon string of my guitar. What can i say, the night gives me the mood to pick up my not-so-forgotten instruments and recall what i had invested so much time and money into.

Indeed, to some extent, i am a muscian; it's all i've ever really wanted to be. Playing the guitar makes me feel nostalgic, where old melodies like 'the star spangeld banner' and 'skip to my lou' leave deep impressions in my mind and bring back some strong emotions. Playing my keyboard makes me feel exhilirated. As i rest my untrained fingers upon the keys, i feel a great sense of commitment and honor that i am learning to play one of the most profound and versatile instruments known to the world. And when i sing, these 5 years of effort and training shows in my somewhat classically attuned vocals. Singing is not just a past time to me, it's my whole life really. when i sing i feel like there is so much more i can do with my voice; that it can be so much more.

Because that's what music, if not anything else, is - an expression of a man's feelings. Music penetrates each heart to a different depth and a different magnitude; u never know how much a piece of music can affect you.

Yet i know chosing a career in music is not a reasonable choice, giving my current financial situation. It's expensive to pursue music people! Sometimes you have to push aside things in your life for the sake of other things; it's called sacrifice. "Life - Dreams = Job" <-- i think that's very appropriate and makes me go "LOL!" It's true to some extent though ^^

well there u go some crap post i managed to come up with in a matter of minutes (thats how i wrote my penguin essay, it just came to me and flowed out on paper). hope you guys enjoy reading it as much as i enjoyed typing it lol. In approx 10 minutes the day ends - i guess all that's left to say is goodbye april 2008!

im out.
AJ

No comments: