Saturday, October 11, 2008

5N2 '07 / 5N2 '08?

BBQ's are very typical if u ask me. The same stuff always happens! People struggling to start a fire, too much food left over, three people fanning one pit, etc etc, blah blah blah, watever watever. Nonetheless, a bunch of ex-classmates gathered at one and it was really a chance to see em again.

They really haven't changed at all in character - its still the same people I once knew, though they physically look different (no one more than haikel and chia how!).

Wei Leong popped a question to me that made me think. He asked me "Which do you prefer, 5N2 2007 or 5N2 2008?" - a tough to answer question especially since most that surrounded me were 5N2 2007 peeps. I answered honestly, "5N2 2008". Wei Leong replied in his oh-so-usual way - "wa... ajmal i'm so disappointed in you." - lol.

The fact is that as time goes by we all move on and live different lives. Especially so when you leave secondary school, where you start being independent and there are millions of paths to choose from. I chose to retain, while most left. And as such, i have let myself move on from the attachment to my old classmates and drowning myself in self-pity (that they are all starting new lives and i'm here on my own blah blah blah). Furtheremore, it was my current classmates and teachers that helped me pick myself up at the beggining of the year, not my ex-classmates/teachers.

I don't think i need to justify my choice of "5N2 2008". Just because we like our new lives does not mean we like the people in our old life any less. 5N2 2007 will always be in my memories and they will always be my buddies (as long as they want to), but that don't mean i dont like 5N2 2008 either - in fact i am happier with it, thus my choice.

Buddies are buddies regardless of the choices they make. They'll be my buddies as long as they want to.

Cheers to 5N2 '07 and all the people/memories that come with it!

No comments: