Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Human Spirit

I was heading home the other day at around 12. The thing about going home late is that i seldom get to see people around me and i just started to think out loud. I realized i was feeling very negative about something that happened at work, that affects all of us working there. But yeah i was thinking about my problems and how my life sucks and how i wish i was never born blah blah blah and then suddenly i stopped. I realized i aint the only fella in this world who has problems! I mean look around EVERY human being that walks past you has a problem of his own. Now when problems decide they wanna bug me i do what i usually do; think of a meaningful quote. That's when i realized something else too - you can find a million and one meaningful quotes that champion the human spirit. My conclusion; feeling down is completely normal! If you ask me, facing hardships in life is drinking water - absolutely essential for survival. You know what they say, "that which doesn't kill you can only make you stronger"

Here are some of those quotes i was talking about;
"A man is not finished when he is defeated, he is finished when he quits"
"The greatest glory comes not from climbing, but from rising each time you fall"
"Even if the world is going to end tommorrow, i will still plant my apple tree today"
"What's worth the prize is always worth the fight"
"The world may not believe in me, but if i believe in myself, i can succeed"

And the list goes on.... Now we've all seen the moments in TV, where people come out of hard times and succeed. Like when the swimmer from the paralympics won the gold medal for Singapore, like the lady from china who had no hands who fed her entire family, like the famous singer who won the competition despite strong adversities against her. All these do one thing, they champion the human spirit. A spirit which all of us have within ourselves. We are for more capable than we are, if we believe we can be.

So if you find yourself stuck in a position where you are incredibly down, look at it at a different point of view - its a perfect way for you to show how strong you really are, how you can display the human spirit. Rejoice in the face of hardships, because without it glory and joy means nothing.

P.S this is for all my buddies who have been complaining to me about their hard lives. Remember, we have the spirit!

There is a song that i really recommend you guys listen to. It'll change the way u see things.
Nickelback - If Today Was Your Last Day

It's your life. LIVE it.

No comments: