Thursday, February 5, 2009

Adult Fares

A new dawned upon me and i started the day in absolute confidence that i wouldn't be spending too much that day. Little did i know a horrific dose of reality would unleash itself upon me that would so burn a hole in my (3 years already but still haven't change) wallet. I took the train to Ang Mo Kio that day. I saw that my balance was $0.26, and i presumed after tapping out i would have like -$0.90 or something. But when i tapped out, my vision intensified as i stared at the screen which said -$1.11. I had to top up anyways so i headed over to the machine and popped in 10 bucks for my card. $8.89 left. This time i decided to take a bus cuz i thought i'd get charged 45cents or something. HA! I tapped and just one sharp-pitched beep that signified the adult card sounded. I literally let out a scream as i heard it; driver must've thought i was mad or something. By the end of that day, all i had in my card was 4 bucks. -.- Man what a rip-off.

Now i know it's not like me to bitch about stuff but i really feel like i got scammed by the transport authority. I mean, how can one bus ride cost over a dollar? I aint no math genius, but 1 adult ride is like equal to at least 4 student rides la!

but hey the bitching over rising costs of living aside, i guess its time for me to realize i'm growing up and i'm no longer that kid - or STUDENT - i once used to be. I'm glad i'm doing something that helps me to attain financial freedom, but i am just shocked at the sudden changes.

Oh, and i think i need a new wallet...

No comments: