Thursday, July 10, 2008

my first time making cupcakes.. lol

i'm still sick even as of today. some wierd flu that makes me gasp for breath even as i climb a single flight of stairs. a couple of my online guy buddies are kinda taken back from this; they think i just dont wanna talk to them, not that i cant talk to them cuz im sick. so for those of you who can read, I'M SICK I'M NOT AVOIDING YOU

waning stamina aside, i managed to drag my body to school on wednesday. mr poon allowed me to sit out PE, since i showed him i brought my attire and i went over and asked first before i sat down (unlike some others lol) - i guess he found me sincere? or maybe just some guai kia -.-

we had our probability test that day, and i am happy to say I BREEZED THROUGH IT! Mr Teo's reinforcement in basics really kicked in when i did that test.

Mdm Sri made us do our practical experiment during the last 2 periods, but seeing as we were slow and all it draggged all the way till 4+ that day. boy was she mad. i dont think it was us, maybe it was those sec 2T guys that got on her nerves. often those dudes dont understand that angry teachers take their vengeance out on innocent students like us. i mean how are u supposed to bake good cupcakes when someone is screaming at u to hurry up? all of our products came out well (its a basic recipe of course) except someone's, who didn't follow the recipe and added his own ingredient; CHEMICAL X lol. salty cupcakes are not something u can swallow easily xD

i brought my batch of 18 cupcakes home. at first no one seemed to wanna eat it, but my mom had a go at it. her mouth dropped at the taste of it. she looked sincerely at me and said, "aj, i think you should be a cook..." - my response? BURST OUT IN LAUGHTER!
i told her frankly that i just dont have the skills to become a cook. she continued to argue with me saying that not everyone can make food that taste good and that she herself cant make cupcakes. for those of you who have seen me cook or tasted my food, you tell me... can i really cook? cuz i dont think so lol.

lesson learnt: cupcakes go well with almost any kind of fat, but ghee is a straight out winner! i know ghee sounds kinda gross to bake with but it has a great texture and taste! trust me, its nice. :)

now to have some of those cupcakes... :D

No comments: