Thursday, July 3, 2008

For God so loved the world...

I was watching a documentary on the History Channel just now. The channel is (to me) known for controversial topics in it's documentaries, like todays was called "Muhammad" - guess what it's about?

capturing the life story of the prophet, and showing it on international television, i learned what i had not known about my once obliged religion. Basically it's the same concept as is with Judaism and Christianity, Islam being the last of God's 'prophecying' religion. In the documentary i found out the angel that spoke to the prophet was Gabriel, and that he flew on a 'horse with wings' to meet the other prophets, including Christ.

There was a lot of mention of Adam, Noah, Moses, Abraham and Jesus Christ in the documentary. It struck me once again, how incredibly similar Islam is to Christianity and to Judaism. It does derive from the same root of course, that is, that God is at the root of the religion. One thing that all the 3 'religions' share in common is that "There is only ONE God, and there is none before the LORD". Islam is built on the peace message of Christianity, but also has influence of the jewish belief in justice.

The documentary kinda cleared many of the doubts and questions i had about my former religion, and it isn't all-bad as the world sees it now. one thing is for sure; that THERE IS a God and he STILL EXISTS today. I guess there is no doubt we're all being watched then! lol. In the bible it mentions that God sent his angels over the earth and they came back and reported what was happening on it - this is probably how God watches us? I dunno.

What i do know is that if there ever is a time to believe in the existence of God, it's probably now, especially with everyone prophecying of the imminent doom of the planet. If God does exist, i just wonder; has the world become too much of a desecration for God to claim back any of us?

there's a song that goes "Have you heard? God's not coming back because he has no children to come back to anymore" - i shudder to think thats true, but if it is, then may God help us all.

I guess its a time for reform in my life. I mean man's supposed purpose is to 'please God'. Ultimately it boils down to how much i fear my God. I've experienced what He can do, and yeah i guess i am in awe. I do hope, God would be merciful to the masses of people that inhabit the earth today.

First Judaism, then Christianity and then Islam. I think if God had sent that many people to proclaim to us, i'd say the big guy's sending us a message, don't ya think?

No comments: