Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Blues

So the clock struck twelve and my phone started to vibrate vigorously with all the flooding smses - all of which saying "MERRY CHRISTMAS" in different ways.

Due to the fact that i was holding 2 plates of barbequed chicken and bee hoon in my hands, i didn't reply. so after taking my own sweet time to finish the food, i finally got around to going through those messages. Then i realized i ought to reply them.

I typed a simple message that said "Merry Christmas!" and pressed send; but to who? - i asked myself. Of course i replied those that send smses to me, but i told myself i'd pick some of my closest friends.

so i scrolled through my phone's contacts. There was kim yong, marr, matthew, eraidie, joey etc etc. Funny thing is i started to recall all the memories i shared with them.

It was early christmas morn and there i was daydreaming of all the fun times i had with these people. I realized how much i miss them.

Christmas in a way also symbolizes the end of the year - a great year indeed for me. But as the present slowly fades into the archives of my memories and the new year dawns itself, i wonder how my friendships will turn out. Already i've lost friends because of my job. Those that still hold me as a friend are what we call 'true friends'.

I want to take this chance to say thank you to all those of you who i consider my closest buds (you know who you are). It has been great being with all of you guys and sometimes friendships can be so strong that they last lifetimes. Cheers to you!

Looking forward to a great year ahead.

No comments: